Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Well, it's official. I'm a blogger now.

I've been keeping up with several friends' blogs over the past year and always thought it was a pretty neat way to "journal."  So, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.  I'm sure my blogging will be sporadic, but I'll try to keep up on it as best I can.  I would love to be able to look back on this and see that I have successfully chronicled my boys' lives so that we will always be able to remember when they were young.  So, here goes!

Ethan will be 6 years old in November and Dylan will be 3 in September.  They are both big fans of monster trucks, so last weekend we took a short weekend trip to Cincinnati to watch the Monster Jam show at Paul Brown Stadium.  The next day, we spent a couple of hours at the Newport Aquarium.  The boys had such a good time.  Well, mostly.  Ethan had a wonderful time.  He loves everything about going out of town, from the fun things we do, to the hotel rooms.  Dylan is exactly the opposite.  He's not big on new places or experiences.  He had a few episodes where he broke down screaming and crying, but I think I'm just used to that now because it's typical Dylan-behavior.  He hates crowds and apparently doesn't like heat either.  So, the combo set him off a couple of times.  He did enjoy staying in the hotel room, but unfortunately, neither Dylan or Daddy got much sleep that night.  They slept in the same bed and Dylan tossed and turned the entire time!  He was a bear the next morning, and Mike wasn't too happy either.  All in all, it was a fun trip and we had a good time.  I can't wait for another "vacation," and this time it needs to be longer than a weekend!!!!
Here are some pictures of our trip:

Ethan waiting to meet one of the drivers.  Dylan was pitching a fit and wouldn't pose for me!


This was during the actual show.  They were so hot, but having a great time!


Dylan at the Newport Aquarium.  He loved watching the sharks!

My big boy is 4 feet tall!

Playing in the "Frog Bog" at the Aquarium

Standing in front of the shark tank... You can't see it, but there's a shark swimming behind them!

Petting the sharks.  I thought they would be too scared to do it, but to my surprise they both loved it.


On another note... I took the Praxis II test on Saturday also.  I have to pass it to be able to teach in the state of Indiana.  My score won't be available for 4 weeks.  I'm crossing my fingers on that one!!!!!

Until next time.................

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the blog world. Let me know what I can help you with this upcoming school year :)

    ReplyDelete